SHARPEN SKILLS AND INCREASE TEST SCORES!
I CAN Christian Academy, Inc.providesfirst class tutoring services that are designed to help your child succeed. Our tutoring services cover phonics, reading, and writing. We serve students ages 4-14 (Pre-K to 8th grade). Students are given an initial assessment to determine their needs in the above subject areas. The students are then placed on a specific tutoring plan to help them exceed in those areas. We develop a customized tutoring plan for each student.
How Does the Program Work?
- Tutoring will be held on Monday through Friday.
- Pre-k and kindergarten students will be taught phonics and how to read and write.
- Older students who are struggling in reading will be taught skills and strategies that will help them come up to or exceed grade level in reading. We will focus on phonics skills, vocabulary, comprehension, basic reading strategies and fluency.
- In writing, we will focus on grammar, punctuation, penmanship and the writing process.
- The students will receive homework after each session.
- There will be a reward system in place for each student.
- Our overall GOAL is to help children be successful in school.
- As previously stated, the students will be given a pre-test to determine where they are and their needs.
- They will be evaluated each week to determine their progress. A progress report will be used and sent to the parents every three months.
- A post-test will be given when the student has reached his or her goal. This will be given to make sure the parents received their desired results.
I CAN’s Differential Advantage
- Tutoring is offered Monday through Friday in phonics, reading, and writing
- Individual Attention
- Character Training
- Academic Excellence
- Preschoolers read before entering Kindergarten
- Summer Learning
- Reward System
- Educating the whole child: spiritually, socially, emotionally, intellectually and mentally
- Live One-on-One and Face-to-Face Online Tutoring to accommodate busy families
“HELPING STUDENTS DEVELOP A LIFELONG LOVE OF READING AND WRITING”